27 February, 2001

Unesco-comment from German wineland


Look how nice it is in Mittelrhein. Photo: Villa Riesling.

A collegue from the heart of the German wineland objects that Mittelrhein already are mentioned on the popular list of Unesco. Thus Champagne should not expect to join in as number five.

Alors,... not much to do about it, I suppose. I cannot quite see whether the Elb-valley and Dresden also can be expected to claim a position on the list, since the word wine after all is mentioned in their entry in the Unesco-site. The Loire-valley in France is mentioned too, but not for its wine, as far as I can see, even it happens to be rather well known. I suppose that leaves Champagne at least as number seven... that is, if they boys in Unesco agree, that it is a great idea.

More about the wine from Mittelrhein in Danish or in German.

På dansk

Copyright: The copyright for text and photos at bobler.blogspot.com belongs to Solveig Tange. You may use my articles, photos or parts of them for non-commercial use and if I am credited as the author. Feel free to link to this site but not in your own frameset please.

No comments: